Choosing the best WordPress Hosting is a by far the most tedious and important job since your website’s health relies on the hosting provider you use.
When first starting out, it’s hard to identify the best WordPress hosting company that suits your needs.
Why you should invest in a good web hosting for your website and business?
Let’s take a look at some of the most common features a good web hosting offers:
Features of Good Website Hosting
1. Improves website load time
With so many websites and resources online, people don’t prefer to visit websites that take too much time to load. If your website doesn’t appear lightning-fast, your visitor will move on to speedier websites. This results in high bounce rates, less conversion, less ROI and fewer sales.
In fact, a one-second delay in the page load causes a 7 percent loss in the conversion and 11 percent fewer website page views.
If an e-commerce website is generating $50,000 a day in revenue, that one-second delay adds up to more than $1 million loss in revenue each year. Which is HUGE!
I’m sure if you are putting efforts and have the right strategies in place, you won’t want this to happen.
This is where a good website hosting service comes handy in improving the load time of your website.
2. Less downtime
Uptime is one of the most important aspects of website hosting. Since it can make or break your website and business. Especially if your business relies on your website.
Many web hosting companies offer an uptime guarantee.
Uptime Guarantee: An uptime guarantee is a pledge that your website will be up for centage percentage of the time. Many web hosting companies guarantee 99%, 99.5%, 99.99%, 99.999%, or even 100% uptime.
So a good web hosting company pledges a good uptime.
3. Better Security
In order to provide better server security, a holistic approach is required. It is important that you choose a web hosting company that has better a Datacenter Security, Network Security, Host Security, Software and Web Application Security.
Along with these securities features, it is also essential to have Firewall Protection that prevents your server and website from various attack.
Many good and reputed web hosting companies have a system in place that provides you with better security features.
4. Better Support
Why it is important for your website to have 24/7 support from your website hosting provider?
By investing in the web hosting that has 24/7 customer and technical support, you will receive superior technical support 24/7 and 365 days of the year. As a result, you will not suffer from excess downtime.
A good support system also has an intrusion detection system in place. Which helps your website to stay secured from hackers, attackers and crackers.
5. Improves Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Though website load time is not the only factor for search engine rankings, major search engines like Google use page load time as an algorithm metric that determines the rankings in the Search Engine Result Pages (SERPs). There are 200+ such signals in the search algorithm of Google.
Important Factors for WordPress Hosting
To run a hassle-free WordPress website without any hassle, you must keep the following
1. Server Requirements
Your server must fulfill the latest server requirements:
- PHP version 7.3 or greater.
- MySQL version 5.6 or greater OR MariaDB version 10.1 or greater.
- HTTPS support
3. Availability (Uptime)
The server uptime must not be below 99.95%. If your server’s uptime is below than that, consider switching it to some other host.
4. Customer Support
While choosing the WordPress Hosting service always prefer those hosting companies that provide 24×7 support or live chat.
With these factors in mind let’s explore the best WordPress Hosting companies in 2020.
10 Best WordPress Hosting 2020
WPEngine is a leading managed WordPress hosting service. It is one of the very first companies to offer the best-managed WordPress hosting.
WP Engine Managed WordPress Hosting Features at a Glance
- Reliable and superb 24/7 support
- Daily Backups Features
- Firewall Protection and Regular Malware scan
- Evercache to achieve super-speed and scale
- SSL Certificates with a single click
- CDN (Content Delivery Network)
- No free domain registration
- Advance Security features
- 35+ Free StudioPress Themes
- Free Migration
- Page Performance Free
- Additional Charges after visitors capping and for excess Storage. But you can upgrade to another plan.
SiteGround is one of the most popular and trusted web hosting company. It offers multiple different hosting options like WordPress Hosting, Cloud Hosting and Dedicated Web Server as well.
SiteGround Features at a Glance
- One-click WordPress Installer
- Auto-updates features
- WP-CLI Enabled
- SuperCacher – developed by SiteGround that enables multiple caching levels and 4x faster website load.
- WordPress Staging
- Pre-Installed Git (Available on GoGeek and Higher)
- FREE SSL Let’s Encrypt certificate
- 4X Faster Loading Sites
- Free Daily Backups
- 100x more hits
- Automatic WordPress installation (officially endorsed by WordPress.org)
- Managed Hosting requires GrowBig or GoGeek Plans
- Monthly billing option is not there
- No Google Adwords credit available
Kinsta offers blazing fast, reliable, scalable and managed WordPress Hosting on Google Cloud Platform.
Kinsta WordPress hosting Features at a Glance
- Automatic WordPress website backups
- WordPress Website Stagging feature
- Website Caching: There are four types of caching in place, including a server-level caching and a self-developed WordPress caching plugin
- KeyCDN Content Delivery Network: 50 GB KeyCDN uses per month for the entry-level plan. Higher plans include more transfer.
- PHP: You can switch between the PHP version (5.6, 7, 7.1, 7.2 and 7.3) with the click of a button.
- Free LetsEncrypt SSL Certificate
- PHPMyAdmin for the database file access
- Security Measures: A lot of security measures are in place to keep your website secure. Security measures include DDoS scanning, GeoIP blocking, self-healing PHP, GCP firewall and a lot more.
- Post-hack website cleanup
- Free Website Migration
- Uptime check
- 24×7 Technical Support
- Powered by Google Cloud Platform
- 100% Uptime reliability
- Single-click stagging
- Integrated CDN
- Fast website loading
- Daily backups
- Free Site Migration
- 24×7 Technical Support
- No Domain Registration
- No E-Mail Hosting
- Few plugins are not allowed
4. Get Flywheel
Get FlyWheel is the fastest growing website hosting company laser-focused on performant WordPress Hosting.
Get Flywheel WordPress hosting Features at a Glance
- WordPress-exclusive managed website hosting
- Managed software updates
- 1-click staging or local development environments
- Free Let’s Encrypt SSL certificates that can be installed with a click of a button through the Flywheel interface.
- Server level security in place. So there is no need to install any security plugin. In case, malware is detected, Get Flywheel experts will remove it for free.
- By partnering with Google Cloud Platform, Flywheel has revamped its infrastructure to provide better website load speed, scalability, and security.
- Create and restore backups
- Managed WordPress security
- Caching and performance included
- FREE SSL certificated
- CDN Included
- Easy, beautiful and simple dashboard
- Packaged themes and plugins
- 10 data centers all over the World
- Easy billing options
- Option to create free demo sites and you only pay when they go online
- No Email Hosting
- Hosting available only for WordPress
- Pricing a bit on the higher side as compared to some competitors
DreamHost is a 25 years old company which and over 1.5 million websites are hosted on DreamHost. By maintaining above-average uptime (99.96%) and web page speeds (719 ms), DreamHost is by far the most trusted website hosting company.
DreamHost comes up with Shared, Cloud, WordPress, VPS, and Dedicated Servers hosting plans.
DreamHost WordPress hosting Features at a Glance
- Multiple layers of caching for optimum performance
- Automated updates and backup features
- 100% network uptime
- Rock-solid security – WP firewall blocks
- eCommerce Ready
- Unlimited website creation (Remixer Website Builder) under one hosting plan
- Free Domain Name and Free Additional Features
- Above Average Speed (719ms)
- Above Average Uptime (99.96%)
- Unlimited Disk Space
- Unlimited Network Transfer Limits
- Free SSL Certificate
- 30 Days Money Back Guarantee
- No C-Panel (Dreamhost uses a proprietary backend)
- Limited chat support
- No Phone Support (Cost you extra $250/mo for phone support)
- Doesn’t have Windows Servers
BlueHost is one of the best website hosting company powering over 2 million websites worldwide. It offers 99.99% uptime and a fast load time of 406ms (0.4 seconds).
The BlueHost hosting plan comes up with a free domain for the first year, email accounts, unmetered bandwidth and storage.GET STARTED WITH BLUEHOST
BlueHost Hosting Features at a Glance
- 1-Click WordPress Installation
- Free domain for the first year
- Scalability – a single click upgrade to VPS or dedicated server
- Enhanced cPanel
- Standard performance
- Free SSL certificate included
- 24/7 Support
- Money-back Guarantee
- Free marketing and ads credit, dedicated IPs
- Automatic WordPress Updates (Themes & Plugin)
- Free SSL
- Free Domain Name Registration
- Monthly billing option is not available
- https and SiteLock CDN can’t be used together
- Free migration not available
Since 2001, InMotion Hosting has grown its customer base to well over 300K domains. InMotion hosting is more targeted towards bloggers.
InMotion Hosting Features at a Glance
- Unlimited Email, Disk Space, and Bandwidth
- Automatic WordPress updates
- Free automatic daily backups
- Free website migration
- Premium Sucuri Plugin for WordPress Users
- Caching plugins supported
- Average Uptime of 99.95%
- Fantastic Customer Support
- Free Site Transfer
- Free Backups
- 90 Days Money Back Guarantee
- Great eCommerce Features & Support
- 99.99% Uptime Guaranteed
- Number of websites and databases are limited
- Delayed verification process
8. Green Geeks
Green Geeks is one of the best website hosting companies in terms of speed, uptime, affordable pricing, and customer support.
Green Geeks Hosting Features at a Glance
- Free Domain for First Year
- SSD Storage
- Unlimited bandwidth, storage, and email accounts
- Fast Website Load Speed
- Highly Scalable
- Advanced Security Features
- Stable Hosting Platform
- Free Single Site Transfer
- Expert 24/7 Support
- Free domain name
- Unlimited disk space
- Unlimited data transfer
- Free site migration
- Automatic data backups
- Blazing Fast servers (using SSD, HTTP/2, PHP7, built-in caching)
- Free SSL certificate
- Cloudflare CDN
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Setup & domain fees aren’t refundable
9. A2 Hosting
A2 Hosting has been around since 2001. It might not be a big name compared to other web host but it has fast servers for faster website loading.
A2 WordPress Hosting Features at a Glance
- Fastest shared hosting
- Pre-installed WordPress
- “HackScan” Protection to keep your website safe
- Free Site Migration (1-25 depending on the plan)
- SiteBuilder for website building
- Updated PHP and MySQL versions
- 99.92% Uptime
- Free SSL provided
- SSD storage for faster loading
- Anytime moneyback guarantee
- Unlimited Parked Domains, Subdomains and Add-on Domains
- A little less uptime (99.92%)
- High renewal rates
- Restrictions on Cheaper Plans
LiquidWeb hosting is known for its exceptional server speed, and support. It was founded in 1997 and now they serve 32,000+ customers, including big brands like Motorola and The Home Depot.
HostGator Hosting Features at a Glance
- One of the very few hosts to offer 100% uptime
- Offers a wide range of high-performance hosting plan
- Both Linux and Windows hosting available with cPanel and Plesk
- Three tiers of support are available – fully managed, core managed and self-managed
- Optimized server faster than Rackspace and Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Cloudflare or Akami content delivery network for faster content delivery
- Load balancers
- Supertight security – security tools and firewall to fight DDoS attack
- Optimized for WordPress and e-commerce
- Excellent 24/7 support
- Create, Deploy, Manage and Resize easily
- Heroic Support® Available 24/7/365
- Optimized for WordPress and WooCommerce
- Secure access with SSH
- SSD Storage
- Faster page load speed
- No shared hosting plan – only advanced plan
- Free Ad Credits not available
HostGator has been around for decades. It is well known for its large number of servers and reliability. It is a great option for those who are looking for a decent web hosting at a low price.
Apart from shared website hosting, cloud, VPS and dedicated hosting are also available.
HostGator Hosting Features at a Glance
- Simple Cloud interface for WordPress
- Global Content Delivery Network (CDN) included
- Supercharged speed
- Advanced security tools for automatic malware removal
- Seamless scalability
- Latest cPanel software to easily manage your websites and other features
- Free transfer service
- Google AdWords credit included
- 45 days money-back guarantee
- Free Site Transfer and One-Click Installation
- Unlimited Database, Bandwidth and Diskspace
- 45 Days Money Back Guarantee
- Windows-based VPS hosting is not available
- No free domain registration
- High Upselling
iPage was founded in 1998 and it hosts well over a million website across two data centers in the US. The default plan comes up with unlimited disk space and bandwidth.
iPage Hosting Features at a Glance
- Free domain registration
- Unlimited Emails and disk space
- 100% powered by wind energy
- Free website templates
- iPage website builder tool
- Malware detection tools for spam scans
- State of the art encryption
- Unlimited domains
- Unlimited MySQL databases
- Scalable bandwidth
- 99.97% uptime guarantee
- Cheap, Inexpensive Hosting
- 99.97% Uptime
- Friendly customer support
- 30-day moneyback guarantee
- A little low loading time (787 ms)
- Extra charges for additional services
- Site migration is not free
Best WordPress Hosting – Quick Recap
|Hosting||Cost||Free Domain||Free SSL||1-Click WP|
All of the listed WordPress Hostings are best in the industry with fast website load time, uptime and customer support.